Terms & Conditions
Your accommodation booking is a contract for the provision of leisure services on a
specific date or dates and this means you do not have a statutory right to change your
mind and cancel the contract. However we do offer you the right to cancel your contract
subject to the provisions below.
1) A 20% non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of making the provisional
booking to secure the booking. On payment of this deposit you are then liable for the
remainder of the rental charge (the balance), which is to be paid at least 8 weeks before
the start of your holiday. A reminder will not be given. If you book less than eight weeks
before you arrive full payment is required at the time of booking.
2) The deposit and balance can be paid by cheque payable to ‘P A Beresford-Smith’ or
preferably by bank transfer. Please email email@example.com for bank details.
If we have to cancel your booking because you have not paid the full amount 6 weeks
before your arrival then any payments already paid will not be refunded and you will
remain liable for the outstanding balance if we are unable to secure an alternative booking
for that period.
3) We regret that due to insurance and regulatory restrictions under no circumstances
can the number of guests exceed the bed spaces in the accommodation. This number
includes babies and toddlers not occupying a bed.
4) We need to deal directly with a person who will be staying in the property so under no
circumstances can a letting period be sold on or given to a third party. Only the named
person making the booking may seek to amend the booking and this must be in writing.
We will then inform you in writing if the amendment is accepted by us.
5) Any cancellations should be in writing and since your booking with us is a contractual
commitment you will remain liable for the full rental charge unless the property is re-let by
us. If the property is re-let then the balance, if already paid, will be refunded less a 5%
administration charge. Because of this we strongly advise that you take out insurance to
cover any costs incurred if you have to cancel your booking with us for any reason. Please
note the booking deposit is non-refundable.
6) We don’t accept dogs or any pets. No smoking or vaping is allowed in the property.
7) All bookings start at 3pm on the first date of the booking and end at 10am on checkout
day unless otherwise specified.
8) The internet service provided is to be used for domestic use. It is not meant for
business use. We are unable to guarantee internet connection in the properties and
should the service fail no part of your rental will be refunded and you will have no other
claim against us.
9) If for any reason beyond our control the property is not available once booked (i.e. in
the event of but not limited to fire, flood or other severe damage) all charges paid will be
refunded in full but you will have no other claim against us.
10) When you make a booking with us you are deemed to have accepted these Terms
and Conditions. They are governed by English law and we both agree to submit to the
exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.